Blogging is viewed by many as either a hobby or a chore. Did you realize blogging could be a new money-maker for you? Blogging is one way to continuously bring in new interested clientele. Once you attract new readers, you need to provide information that keeps them coming back to your site. Here are five ways to ensure your blogs pique your readers’ interests.
- Consistently Update Your Blog. Decide how often you will update your blog and stick to this schedule. Writing a new blog daily might be overkill. At least provide your readers with new blogs on a biweekly basis. Many bloggers choose one day each month to update the blogging content, and knock out a month’s worth of blogs. Then you can publish the new blogs according to the schedule you have decided to follow.
- Write About Interesting Concepts. Know your audience, what they are interested in reading, but also keep in mind that your blogs will be of higher quality if you write about something you find intriguing and understand well. Your passion will come out in your reading and will draw your readers in. Also, you will find it much easier to write about a topic you already know quite a bit about. Don’t forget to have a personality! Your blogs should be informal, while maintaining a smidge of humor and controversy.
- Encourage Your Readers to Post Comments on Your Blog. You want to engage your readers. What better way to do so than to invite them to share their opinions. You can visit other people’s blogs and leave comments. At the very least, this will help you develop backlinks. If you receive Google Alerts, then you can opt to be notified via email when other blogs write articles that relate specifically to the primary keyword phrase of your blog. This will provide you with updates on blogs that specifically relate to your keyword phrase. When you are leaving a blog comment, you must use your primary keyword phrase in the name. This will build backlinks according to how relevant the keyword phrases are.
- Optimize Your Blog Posts. You want to optimize the blogs based on the keyword phrases people will search for when looking for a topic similar to your blog. If you keep your blogging content focused around a specific topic, then it will be easier to develop a keyword list you can write blogs about. Do not forget to include your keyword phrases in the title of your post. This is essential. The keyword phrase should be written in the first and last paragraphs of your blog entry. The trick is to change the wording slightly as you mention your blog topic throughout your article. This will maintain a natural voice throughout your blog.
- Make Money Off Your Blog! Place banners on your blog and join affiliate programs. Putting Google ads on your blog and looking at Google Adsense are worthwhile investment opportunities. You might as well make money from your blogging!